We’ve been a Jeep® dealer long enough to know that people often have questions about what they should do before and during a test drive. That’s why we encourage you to contact us for advice if you’re getting ready to test drive a new car such as a 2017 Jeep Cherokee.
Because so many individuals have questions about what they should do prior to a test drive and while they’re behind the wheel, we thought it would be a good idea to prepare a test drive checklist. Follow these tips to get the most out of your next test drive:
- Call Ahead: Once you’ve chosen the car you want to buy or lease, call the dealership you want to work with to make sure it has the exact model you’re interested in. If the vehicle is available, make an appointment to test drive it.
- Get Ready: Ask a knowledgeable friend or family member to accompany you for your test drive. Be sure you make copies of your license and car insurance information so you can give them to your salesperson when you arrive at our Jeep dealership near Brick, NJ.
- Request a Demonstration: Ask your salesperson to show you how the car’s features work before you get behind the wheel. This will enable you to try out the automobile’s features safely during your test drive and see if the controls are easy to use while you drive.
- Check Out the Cargo Space and Seating: Before you leave the dealership after your test drive, check out the car’s cargo space. Make sure there’s enough cargo room and that it’s versatile enough for your purposes. Be sure you sit in every seat in the vehicle as well to make sure you and your passengers will be comfortable in the automobile. Try getting in and out of every seat to make sure no one will have to struggle to get into or out of their seats. This is particularly important if you travel with someone who is elderly or who has a disability.
- Pay Attention: During your test drive, pay attention to how the car handles different kinds of driving conditions. Be mindful of its acceleration, braking, and noise canceling abilities. Make sure the vehicle has clear visibility and its transmission switches gears smoothly. Test the automobile’s ability to handle sharp turns and stop quickly. Attempt to parallel park the car to see how easy it will be to maneuver the vehicle in tight spaces.
Now that you know what to do before and during a test drive, why don’t you preview our inventory of new automobiles online now? When you find one you like, contact Lester Glenn Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM FIAT to schedule a test drive.