At Lester Glenn Chysler Dodge Jeep® RAM FIAT, you can always count on us for our wide selection of new and pre-owned vehicles. We are proud to serve the Toms River, Brick, and Freehold areas with our fleet of Jeep SUVs. Jeep is an iconic American automotive brand with an incredible lineup of models and a rich history that makes the brand what it is today. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 10 fun facts about this legendary brand.
- Only two prototypes were made of the first Jeep 4×4 vehicle.
- The Jeep 4×4 was a major contribution to the US army during World War II; it even was awarded a Purple Heart.
- The Jeep brand created the first American all-steel station wagon. This was the 463 model Jeep, which debuted in July 1946.
- The fold-down tailgate hatch on the 463 is credited as the origin of the “tailgate party.”
- The M38 served honorably in the Korean War and was considered a “supporting actor” in almost every episode of the television show M*A*S*H.
- The 1962 Wagoneer is considered to be the first luxury 4×4 SUV.
- The Jeep Cherokee won the first Achievement Award from Four Wheeler’s Magazine in February 1974 (now known as the Four Wheeler of the Year award.)
- The Wagoneer Limited (1978-1979) was called “The Champagne of Four-Wheel Drives” by Road and Track magazine.
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee won dozens of awards in 2003 alone such as Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year, Four Wheeler magazine’s Four Wheeler of the Year, and 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine’s 4×4 of the Year.
- According to a 2015 study from the Auto Insurance Center, Jeep had the second most posts geotagged in the United States on Instagram.
Which fact surprised you the most? Visit Lester Glenn and let us know and to test drive one of these legendary models.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.